Graduate Assistant, Assessment
This Graduate Assistantship will assist with the development and implementation of all assessments, evaluations, and program reviews. This position serves the UF community by providing administrative, programmatic or analytical support for all areas within the Reitz Union.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop instruments and conduct assessment/research projects for various aspects of operations including, but not limited to, effectiveness of programs and services, customer satisfaction and perceptions, and employee trainings
- Conduct analysis of data collected using R and/or SPSS for all projects conducted
- Supervise, manage, and train team of student employees to serve as support staff with assessment development, data collection, analysis, report writing and other projects
- Guide and review student employee(s) performance with assessment collection, data analysis, and additional projects
- Develop and implement an integrated assessment plan
- Analyze, generate, and review reports for all assessment and research projects conducted, creating recommendations based on analysis and findings
- Assist with the development of strategic plan to ensure information collected and reported is utilized to inform or support management decisions, operational processes, and organizational goals
- Coordinate, develop and lead training sessions as needed to educate students and staff within the Reitz Union, Office of Event Services, and Administrative Services on proper data collection techniques or assessment development
- Serve on University committees as requested
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Admitted as a degree-seeking graduate student at the University of Florida
To Maintain the Assistantship:
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA each semester
- Meet the minimum course registration requirements for each semester of appointment
- Must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work during the fall and spring terms.
- Throughout the contract dates, this position will require 20 hours per week which may include occasional night and weekend hours, and the potential for additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
- Graduate level admission to: Research and Evaluation Methodology, Statistics, Information Systems and Operations Management, School Psychology, Student Personnel and Higher Education, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytical and statistical analysis software (R or SPSS) and Qualtrics
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (experience with Excel, VBA a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with assessment/evaluation creation, learning outcome development, and/or strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with various departments, individuals, or stakeholders
- Experience with or interest in learning the following programming languages: R, Python, VBA, Java
- Experience working within a collegiate setting; this may include undergraduate involvement in campus activities, student union/campus center operations, programming boards, or similar activities experience
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills
Remuneration & Additional Information
- Tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester plus the current UF minimum salary for a 9-month Graduate Assistant appointment.
- The contract will be valid August through May
- Opportunity for hourly summer employment may be available
- Graduate students have access to health insurance through the University.
- Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
For more information about this position contact ReitzUnion@ufsa.ufl.edu.