Digital Content Creator Student Assistant
The Digital Content Creator Student Assistant within the Division of Student Life Department of Marketing & Strategic Communications is visually minded, digitally astute, a social native, and is energized by creative challenges and reimagining what’s possible. This position will focus on Student Spaces, it will be part social media operator, part marketer, part organizational genius and all parts essential to the creating the gator student experience.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans for the student spaces, primarily within the Reitz Union and Newell Hall
- Work with professional staff to coordinate and manage social media, digital signage schedules, physical signage and project management
- Ideate, create and pitch social media content ideas for the area’s various social platforms
- Research, strategize, and advise area on the social media content landscape ranging from current trends to universal best practices
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors in an agency style work environment with both student and professional staff including graphic designers, videographers, communication specialists and more
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Florida student
- Willing to work 10-12 hours per week
- Must be available to work weekdays, and some evening and weekends
- Have an interest in people and building positive relationship that make our department and the UF community better
- Ability to demonstrate intelligent thinking and an eye for detail and accuracy
- An interest in thinking creatively, strategically and collaboratively to aid in educating our community on the experiences and offerings available to enhance the UF experience
- This is area is Mac based utilizing Adobe creative suite
For more information about this position contact ReitzUnion@ufsa.ufl.edu.